Last Updated: May 17, 2021
The KGRC Dolphins Dive Team emerged from the 2019 season as NVSL Champions of Division Three, and we moved up to Division Two. But alas, there was no 2020 NVSL Dive season, although as a team, KGRC practiced and grew and had a wonderful Intra-Squad Meet showing off all our new skills!
This year we are moving forward, Covid safe of course, and with an NVSL Dive season in Division Two.
Below you will find updated information on a variety of subjects related to the 2021 KGRC Dive Season.
Of course, State and County COVID-19 restrictions change depending on health statistics and so we must be flexible AND safe at all times. Details related to practices, Meets and other aspects of the season may change, but we will apprise you of changes as they occur and keep you as up-to-date as possible!
1. REGISTRATION: So... if you haven't yet registered your Diver for the 2021 KGRC Team, here is the link below!
And remember, your family MUST be a Member of KGRC in order to register for the Dive Program!
2. COACHES: Veteran Co-Head Coaches Leigh Anne Stephens and Sina Naaemi are returning this year to share their knowledge and enthusiasm with our divers. Assistant Coaches Sarah Wood and Evan Brown, along with several Junior Coaches, will be there to help make it a fun AND safe season for all, new divers and experienced competitors alike.
3. NVSL MEET SCHEDULE:
|Tuesday, June 22||Mansion House @ KGRC (H)||6 PM|
|Tuesday, June 29||KGRC @ Great Falls (A)||6 PM|
|Tuesday, July 6||KGRC @ Walden Glen (A)||6 PM|
|Sunday, July 11||Wally Martin @ Oak Marr Rec Center||TBD|
|Tuesday, July 13||Oakton @ KGRC (H)||6 PM|
|Sunday, July 18||Cracker Jack @ Fairfax Station||TBD|
|Tuesday, July 20||KGRC @ Fairfax (A)||6 PM|
|Sunday, July 25||Divisionals @ Oakton||TBD|
|Sunday, August 1||All Stars @ Great Falls||TBD|
4. From Monday, May 24 to Friday, June 11, one hour practice sessions will be available at 5 & 6 PM. Then, once FCPSs are out, there will be mostly morning practice options-one hour sessions beginning at 7:30, 8:30, 9:30 & 10:30 AM with a possible afternoon practice, if needed for divers who can't make the morning practices, Monday through Friday (no Saturday or Sunday practices).
NVSL Meets are on Tuesday evenings for those who qualify to compete.
5. We are extremely conscious of COVID-19 precautions and will be keeping divers and coaches at a safe distance while still providing them with all the benefits of a "regular" KGRC Dive season. This may well mean that parents, guardians and caregivers cannot be within the pool area during practices and Meets. But the rules may change, so we will let you know. Either way, we will live-stream Meets so you never miss any of the "action." Please feel free if you have additional questions to text, call or email! We are happy to answer anything!
6. Every diver will get a Team T-shirt but feel free to check out our KGRC Webstore at https://sportfairusa.tuosystems.com/stores/kg21for KGRC shirts, hoodies, towels etc.
QUESTIONS? CONCERN? Just want to check in? You know where to find us!
Claudia Tielking & Malia Asfour
KGRC Dive Representatives